Selling on Wish: The comprehensive guide for Sellers.
On the edge of cutting-edge technology, the online marketplace is one of the most important sales channels of any online business. Regardless of possessing your own online stores on Shopify, Magento and so on, selling on online marketplace still plays a vital role. These are Ebay, Wish, Amazon and more. In this article, I will provide you with a big picture of selling on Wish.
A Brief on Wish Marketplace:
Wish is an American mobile trading application which is installed the most in 2018. It was firstly published in 2013. More specifically, it enables online sellers to import products from third-party manufacturers. And then they sell these products to the final customers. In terms of dropshipping, Wish competes directly with AliExpress and Amazon. Their task is enabling sellers to seek the cheapest sources of products from manufacturers in China. Thanks to the agreement between China Post and the U.S Postal Service, products under 2kg only need to pay a small amount of taxes. In general, fees for delivering a product from Beijing to New York is less than from South Carolina to New York. It will reduce a large amount of charge if you import products from Wish.
Some highlighted features:
- Wish possesses nearly one million live merchants selling on this site with more than 200 million items.
- They allocate nearly 500 million dollar on Facebook ads to become the largest advertiser on Facebook.
How do I sign up for a Wish account to selling on Wish?
Arrive in the Wish homepage:
When you arrive at the homepage, you have to navigate to the Menu tab. It is at the bottom left of the screen. And then press Selling on Wish in order to Sign up for free.
Create your store:
After that, you must fill all these following information: your store name, your Email address and the password for your account. Then you have to type the security code and press the Create the store button.
Add your further information:
Your full name, business address and phone number are the information that you need to provide. After finishing these blanks, you should read the Wish’s Terms of Service to avoid illegal actions. Finally, please remember to press the Enter my store button.
Confirm your Email address:
In this step, you have to confirm your Email on the Wish dashboard. More specifically, a link will be sent to your registered Email. Please remember to click on that link to confirm your Email.
Add your payment information:
In order to complete the process of signing up for s store, you have to choose your payment providers. These accounts will help you to collect money from Wish.
Provide personal and business ID:
To help Wish to verify your store, you have to display these following paper:
- If you sign up as an individual account, you must provide your ID number or proof of ownership of your online store URL.
- For a company, you have to display your business license ID as well as the name and ID of a legal representative.
Note: You should allocate a large amount of time on reading Wish’s Terms of Service. it assists you to prevent unfortunate issues.
In particular, Wish enables you to integrate them with your eCommerce platforms. It can be Shopify, BigCommerce and more. If you have an online store on these platforms, it will be your valuable advantage.
Do you have a Shopify eCommerce website? If not, let’s read these following instructions to make a friendly user online website:
Shopify is one of the most outstanding platforms in the eCommerce market. It helps you to build your own online store without too much technical knowledge. Besides that, you can customize your brand in your own style. Moreover, it also provides a convenient interface for both sellers and customers. Particularly, it is suitable for all types of online stores. I guarantee it is one of the most functional eCommerce platforms. Let’s be creative to be the best one.
Furthermore, Shopify developers offer a wide range of customized apps and themes. In particular, two Shopify apps are totally free. It will assist shop owners who are not good at technology. Let’s explore Shopify and be unique.
What can you sell on Wish?
If you don’t want to be erased from Wish, you have to follow this list of products. These are clothing, home decor, electronics, tools, jewelry, custom clothing, artwork and more.
On the other side, you have to avoid selling these products: alcohol, bike and motorcycle helmets, child car seats, counterfeit products, dangerous chemicals, digital goods, drugs, firearms, gift cards, plant seeds, pornography, switchblades, Tobacco.
Particularly, Wish does not allow you to sell services or intangible products.
How to find products to sell:
In general, there are two type of common product on Wish:
- Popular products: products being suitable for the demand of the mass public. These are human necessities.
- Niche products: unique products relating to special interests or purposes such as football jerseys, bakery tools and more.
Conducting market research enables you to generate the trend of global demands. Filling the correct needs of the market brings about a large amount of profits. Besides that, you also need to ponder on foreign shipping costs.
Finally, if you are a small business, dropshipping can be an ideal choice for you. It helps you to reduce budgets for inventory. Additionally, you can prevent yourself from having more products than market demand.
How to control Wish shipping:
There are some different ways to fulfill an order on Wish:
- Fulfillment by Wish: Wish offers you to use their order fulfillment service. Since Wish has a wide range of warehouse across American and Europe. Yet you have to consider the offered fees before making your decision. Offered fees contain inbound, storage, shipping, service. In particular, fees can be varied based on product weight, size and the location of the warehouse.
- Ship items yourself: Operating the shipping and storing process by yourself. In this case, you have to get an overview of global shipping carriers. It will help you to find out the fastest with the cheapest shipping services.
- Use a third-party dropshipping service: A drop shipping provider will help you with everything from storing to shipping. Yet you have to allocate a large amount of budgets to hiring them. Please consider carefully to find the most suitable one for your business.
Here is my overall introduction for selling on Wish. I hope it will provide beginners with comprehensive guides to make a success on Wish.
If you have any problem in setting up your online store from scratch, do not hesitate to meet ArrowHitech. Our 12-year experience staff in Shopify development and outsourcing will help you set up your dream online store